Mar 10, 2010

Lizards



I went to the Botanical Gardens today. After wandering around for half an hour, listening to and looking at the birds, I went to my favourite part of the gardens - the rock pool. I found some lizards sunning themselves. Drawing lizards is good, because they hardly move! However, I was so engrossed in drawing these two lizards that I didn't see the rest of the family around them! I lost count at 17, water dragons about the length of the tip of your fingers to your elbow.

6 comments:

  1. This is really nice :) You put warmth in cold blooded animals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to EDM! I look forward to seeing more of your work! This is a wonderful sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the little head pointing from behind the rock!
    I read your post on the EDM group - and to answer your question (the way I see it), you already found the answer : drawing is first of all for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back. The things that seem to be too far out now for you to do will become reality one day. As you keep drawing and doing art you learn and one day you realize you have the skills now to be able to do the picture. Don't be afraid to stretch and try new things, but keep doing those things that excite you. I see great talent here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good start again! Have fun and enjoy sketching.

    ReplyDelete