Nov 22, 2009

Quick sketches

University classes are finally over for the year. As a reward, I bought a new sketchbook and some Faber-Castell brush pens in warm greys. Here is the first sketch.





I find sketching hard, as my instinct is to sit, look and draw something for an hour, but sometimes there just isn't time! Of course, the only way to get better at it is to practise!





I work part of the day in our Christmas sale bookstore, which is just across from a Crabtree & Evelyn store. In between helping people with Christmas purchases, this sketch of the C&E poster for their Christmas campaign in about five minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Great sketches. Love both. You are an excellent artist. Keep drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the new pens. I like it. Interesting quick sketch, you captured a lot in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the plant is great! And the quick sketch is quite good - BTW, I too have fear every time I pick up pens or paint. I draw through it.

    ReplyDelete